Gel manicure is a form that many people love, because of its beauty and ease of use. You can lengthen your nails, shape them and paint them with a favorite color. At K Nail and Spa, we have the best gel manicure in kelowna, BC. We could make your nails will become charming and beautiful. Although they might be attractive and durable, gel manicures can be damaging to the nails. Gel manicures can increase the risk of skin cancer and premature aging of the hands’ skin, as well as nail peeling and breaking. We advise following these guidelines to maintain your nails healthy before, during, and after gel manicures.
What is gel manicure?
Since it is the most popular service at the salon, gel manicures are unquestionably no longer weird to women. While gel polish functions and uses similarly to traditional nail polish, it has the advantages of being more attractive and long-lasting, less prone to peeling and having highly lovely paint.
Additionally, gel polish applies even coats of nail polish using the built-in paintbrush in the bottle. To dry the paint after applying the gel, you must additionally use a machine.
K Nail and Spa salon in kelowna, BC provide a broad range of gel polish colors and colors for customers to pick from. After skin-cutting, filing, or the use of fake nails, gel polish is often the final stage in nail decorating. Furthermore, gel polish has no impact on the thickness and length of your nails.
Most of the stages in a gel manicure are identical to those in a regular manicure—your nails are filed, sculpted, and cut (if you like), but that’s where the similarities end.
Similar to traditional lacquer, gel nail polish is applied using a brush. To help secure it in place for all-day use, it is cured using a UV or LED light. It will take between 30 and 60 seconds per coat of gel polish to cure it. And as soon as the last topcoat cures, you’re prepared to leave the salon rather than waiting for your nails to dry. Chip and wear and tear resistance are higher with gel manicures.
What is the price?
Cities, states, and nail salons all charge significantly different prices for gel manicures. A gel nails in Kelowna, BC, can cost anywhere from $30 and $50 or more. Typically, gel polish will cost $10 to $15 more than a standard manicure. Remember that if you decide you don’t want to remove the gel at home, you will also have to pay for gel removal (which can cost anywhere from $5 to $15 depending on where you go).
For example, a gel manicure can only cost between $10 and $30.
Tips for healthy nail
The following advice can help you maintain healthy nails before, during, and after gel manicures:
- Communicate openly with your manicurist. Check to verify if the equipment has been cleaned, and inquire if the tools have been disinfected. Additionally, stay away from allowing the manicurist squeeze or trim your cuticles because doing so might irritate and infect you.
- Instead of gel paint, think about regular nail polish. This is crucial if you frequently have nail issues or have an acetone allergy because acetone is needed to remove gel polish.
- Wear sunscreen: To avoid skin cancer and premature aging of the skin, cover your hands with a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher before obtaining a gel manicure. You’ll be able to protect your skin from the UV rays required to adhere gel nail color to the nail by doing this. Another option is to wear black gloves with the fingers removed before painting your nails.
- Avoid picking at gel nail polish: When the color starts to chip, avoid picking at the polish or attempting to remove it with other tools or nails.
- Only dip your fingertips in acetone while getting the nail polish removed to preserve the surrounding skin. Do not soak your hands or fingers in acetone.You may also use cotton balls to remove the shine. After soaking your nails in acetone, apply the cotton balls to your nails. Put some aluminum foil over your fingertips to do this. By doing this, you can be sure that the acetone only contacts your nails. After around 15 minutes, the nail polish should be simple to remove.
Do the following steps to maintain your nails:
- Take a nail paint break: Try to go one to two weeks without applying polish to your nails. Your nails will have time to heal as a result.
- Rehydrate your nails by massaging petroleum jelly or another moisturizing lotion over your cuticles and nails several times each day in between coats of lacquer. This will lessen brittleness and aid in preventing chipped nails.
- When it comes to gel manicures, moderation is crucial, as it is with most things. A board-certified dermatologist should be seen if you detect any unexpected changes to your nails or have a recurring nail issue. Think about obtaining a gel manicure solely for special occasions.
Tips make any manicure last longer
Here are some suggestions to help any manicure last longer, regardless of the nail service you choose.
1. Apply cuticle oil
It’s crucial to take care of your cuticles, especially if you indulge in manicure services that might harm them. Dry cuticles have an impact on the health and appearance of your nails. Apply oil or petroleum jelly to your cuticles at night and massage it in.
This promotes nail development and prolongs the life of your manicure. Don’t forget that maintaining healthy cuticles will result in healthy nails.
2. Put on gloves when cleaning
When doing the dishes or cleaning, wear gloves to prevent chipping. This will prevent your nails from breaking and ensure that strong household cleaners like dish soap won’t dry out your hands and cuticles.
Hope the information shared above is useful to you. To fulfill all of the demands of consumers, Knail and Spa, which is located at 301 Hwy 33 W Unit 37 in Kelowna, British Columbia, V1X 1X8, offers a wide range of beauty services, including haircuts, facials, and nails salons in kelowna, BC. A warm and welcoming atmosphere is created by the large, airy area, the most up-to-date technological tools, and the comfortable, synchronized internal lighting system. Highly competent, knowledgeable staff, and constantly up to speed on nail trends. Visit Knail and Spa right now.